Day 3

 No I wont post every day but action packed start I suppose.

Orientation day at work , that wasnt that exciting but one does have dot the I's and cross the T's.


However after work back to "business". Drove by a used car dealer so I could survey multiple car models.

Hyundai i20


Skoda Fabia (VW Golf frame built in Czech)



Renault Clio (hybrid)- French 


My favorite of the three was the Clio . The sales person reported that French cars are known for ride quality versus German cars often veer towards performance...

But then I decided to check AI summary of many similar cars. Sarah and I did test drive a Golf  and it was nice though I have heard poor comments about infotainment/climate system. It is the priciest of the bunch.

Next on list is try out VW again, and also curious on Fiat Grande Panda




ModelLength (mm)Width (excl. mirrors)Boot CapacityNoise @ 70 mphRide Quality (Rough Roads / Potholes)Reliability RatingNew Cost (RRP)Typical Used (2025)
Renault Clio E-Tech4,0531,798301 L~68–69 dBAFidgety / Firm: Extra hybrid weight forces stiffer springs; sharp potholes feel abrupt.Above Average£21,200 – £25,000£14,000 – £18,500
VW Golf (Mk8)4,2821,789381 L~67 dBAExcellent: Class-leading damping rounds off sharp edges and sunken drain covers with composure.Average£27,000 – £35,000+£21,000 – £27,000
VW Polo4,0741,751351 L~68–69 dBAComposed / Solid: Slightly firmer than the Fabia, but absorbs single-wheel strikes without shudder.Above Average£21,000 – £26,500£16,000 – £19,500
Fiat Grande Panda3,9901,763361–412 L~69–70 dBASoft / Plush: Long-travel suspension soaks up urban speed humps well, though causes body lean.Unproven£19,000 – £23,000£17,000 – £20,500
Skoda Fabia (Mk4)4,1081,780380 L~68 dBAVery Supple: Softer spring setup tuned specifically for comfortable low-speed bump absorption.High£19,800 – £25,000£14,500 – £19,000
Vauxhall Corsa4,0601,765267–309 L~69–70 dBAFirm / Stiff: Transmits sharp ridges into the seat; settles down only at higher speed.Average£19,500 – £25,500£13,500 – £17,500


Fiat Grande Panda preview (hard to believe it is one of the shortest , narrowest cars with one of the biggest boots)



enjoy the 3 post day...

Comments

Popular Posts