Interlude

 Why are we here, So whats the plan you ask?

Why-

Well Ireland left an impression on us for sure. We enjoyed walking to grocery, pubs, school. The holidays in Europe were great and super easy. We saw so many new places and had so many great experiences .  We had talked about going to Europe again if we had th chance and opportunity knocked. There was a job in Wales with my company that is a promotion (will be a manager of managers), and also will get to work on a new product which should be interesting ( I have been in same product at KLA for >15 years). Also, while good at customer support, working with the same customer does get old . My early KLA career and briefly as worldwide tech support manager I supported many customers which was much more enjoyable (Intel, I have supported them for probably 20 years) 

What's the plan?

Well after accepting job late April , we have been trimming our belongings to accommodate European house sizes .A mix of garage sale, donations, giving to friends/family , storage .. Still a lot of stuff but glass have full/empty we have accomplished a lot .

August 10 start, I will be advance scout. I get to identify where we will live and what we will drive.i have a 45 day timer as company pays for rental accomodations and car for only that long.

Sarah will get the lucky job of prepping our house to be rental, so contractor work etc..she will join after Xmas , so jack is covered for fall/winter holidays .

Challenges-

-Long time apart for Sarah and I

-college breaks for jack

-what to do with Norman (travel is long for an old dog)

- how to figure out where to live? (A home/rental viewing a town walkabout - how do you get the vibe?)

- do we buy a house, rent a house ? 

-building community, making friends 


Recap

Anyways, that's the background . The posts will cover that for next 6 months or so, then maybe posts on fun







Comments

Popular Posts