Groceries
I walk the aisles so you don't have to...
Some observations- packaging is different mostly for fruit and veg. The chicken, beef and fish look better , more fresh looking.
Dont' have the crazy big potato aisle like we had in Ireland .
alcohol- beer, wine, spirits all there for the taking. The beer section has many bottles , mostly individual. Some of the lagers carling, moreti, heniken come in the can packs.
Bakery/bread- what they call things not always the same. Things we might find in frozen aisle are ot regular (waffles) . Dont see the 1/2 pan loafs we had in Ireland which is a plus when you are shopping for one, just saying.
Sauces- Mayonnaise (many flavors) seems popular as does Peri Peri. I had hard time finding salad dressing though plenty of salad cream (which seems to be mayonnaise for salads)
The grocery chains
Mass market- Morrisons, Sainsbury, Tesco
Bargain- Aldi, Lidl
High end- Waitrose, M&S
picture gallery below, enjoy
Fish
Mayo- I am not sure I have ever noticed mayo being so diverse inthe US. Many different flavored mayos also
Peri Peri sauce is very popular too
Comments
Post a Comment